Followers

WELCOME

Welcome to the Order of the Opus Gluei!!!

New challenges every two weeks and open to YOUR interpretation - all art forms are welcome!

Come and play with us!

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Challenge #73 - Feeling kind of Sketchy

Hello everyone! Thanks for participating in last week's challenge. We loved how you EASE(L)'ed into Fall!!!

This week we're "Feeling Kind of Sketchy" and to Opus Gluei that means a sketch challenge. Be inspired by the sketch below and let's see where your creativity takes you!




Feel free to use your imagination with the sketch.






***
Rosemary here and my project is a Halloween card on the gentle side.  I like that this has a vintage feel to it with the sweet witch image. (Stampin' Up's Greeting Card Kids set)
(other items used - DCWV Haunting paper, Mega circle punch, Copic markers, TwinkLets Diamond Dust glitter, buttons, thread, glue dots)




Jana here: When we here at OPUS GLUEI say to use your imagination with the sketch, we MEAN it. It's just how WE are, so, we have to extend our methods to you. You see, I had this wonderful mental image of the project I wanted to do with this sketch. What actually turned out, is only sorta close. You know how it is, you get going and things aren't quite how you imagined, so you make a little change. And then you have to make another change to accomodate for the other one, and so on and so on...... That's what happened here:







I had planned on using the HALLOWEEN as the sentiment and I had these cute little wooden pieces that were going on either end of the word. But they didn't fit. Physically or visually. So, they got tossed.




(No, not in the trash. Just to the scrap tin. Which sounds like they got tossed in the trash.


No little wooden pieces were harmed during the making of this canvas. I promise.)




If you tilt your head, and squint your eyes, and sort of cross them, you can see the sketch in here.


Sorta. Kinda. Can't cha?



I have further details about how I did this on my blog HERE.


***

Please join us in this week's Sketch challenge.
And feel free to add the BLOG HOP to your blog.

Thank you for playing along.

Go by and visit all these wonderful artists. And make sure that you check out the rest of their blogs too. They will surely WOW you.




1 comment:

Electra said...

Love the new blog "do", girls! Your cards are too sweet, makes me want to paint my face green and scare little children. Thanks for the sketch, I don't think I've ever used a sketch. Another fun challenge!