Followers

WELCOME

Welcome to the Order of the Opus Gluei!!!

New challenges every two weeks and open to YOUR interpretation - all art forms are welcome!

Come and play with us!

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Challenge # 58 - Life's a Beach





Here in the Northern Hemisphere, we are entering into warm weather season. Down below the equator, the colder stuff is moving in. Time to pay a tribute to the beach. We figured it worked for both sides of the globe. If you don't live near a beach, that's okay. You can still make something.



.



Think about all the elements of the beach and how different it looks during the year - take your inspiration from whatever aspect you like!



.
* * * * *



.



Rosemary here - I was slacking yesterday

My submittal for this challenge is beach/pool/summertime inspired card




* * * * *.
Jana here: I am fortunate to live within a 15 minute drive of the Atlantic Ocean, so during the warmer weather my girls and I try to make it to the beach for a few hours about every other weekend. Doesn't sound like a lot of time, but with working full-time, and all of the other activities going on, it's a challenge to get anything done regularly.





For this challenge I decorated a picture frame. I always have beach pictures and it just felt like the thing to make.







(I posted a couple of close up pictures on my blog.)




I am thinking about sending this one to my mother.





Guess I'll have to make another one. I LOVE the way it turned out.






* * * * *










Let's see how your Life's a Beach








Also, we posted a recap yesterday of our "I Can See Clearly Now" challenge - please check it out

3 comments:

Scrappy said...

Mr Linky/InLinks appears to have gone into hiding again! ;) Here is my entry:

http://big-scrappy-world.blogspot.com/2010/06/new-challenge-at-pio.html

Jan Hunnicutt said...

What a fun challenge! I live about 100 yards from the water but we don't have any mermaids that I know of!

Electra said...

I've been wandering around your site here, Poobahs and I have to say, it's gorgeous!!!! You two are da bomb!